Vintage accessories have stood the test of time. Here are some tips to maintaining the condition of your vintage jewelry and purses:
- Apply any perfumes or lotions before you wear your vintage jewelry. Perfumes will cause damage to the finish of most metals, fabrics, woods, enamels etc.
- Do not wear vintage jewelry while engaging in any exercise or strenuous activity. Avoid contact with sweat or exposure to water.
- Keep your vintage items away from water – water will loosen the stones in jewelry and possible ruin colors of any leathers or fabrics.
- Store your vintage item in a separate bag or box to prevent any oxidizing or other reactions.
- If you live in a humid climate, try placing a stick of white chalk in the drawer with the item as the chalk can help to absorb some of the humidity, which is harmful to the item.
- Best cleaning method for any items with rhinestones is to brush with a soft, dry toothbrush.
- If you must use water – use a slightly damp cloth (dampened with sudsy water) and wipe the item. Then dry with a hair-dryer set on low.
- Do not use any chemicals or heat treatments as these will destroy the foils and coatings and heat can melt the materials used.
- Please use common sense when caring for your vintage items.
Feel free to call us for any additional information.